Frontiers of Freedom, founded in 1995 by U.S. Senator Malcolm Wallop, is an educational foundation whose mission is to promote the principles of individual freedom, peace through strength, limited government, free enterprise, free markets, and traditional American values as found in the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
We Believe …
1. The most basic moral obligation of the federal government is to defend America, which requires military, economic and moral preparation and strength.
2. Property rights and economic freedom are the fertile soil in which all other rights grow and thrive. The environment is best protected and preserved where free markets thrive, capitalism is robust, and property rights are respected.
3. The Constitution’s enumerated and limited powers, checks and balances, federalism, separation of powers, and guarantee of basic rights are the foundation of America’s freedom.
4. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness and each of the rights guaranteed in the Constitution are necessary to the foundation of freedom – including the right to bear arms and to not be deprived of property without just compensation.
5. The courts have a constitutional duty to faithfully and strictly interpret the law and the Constitution and may not invent or create new law.
6. Justice is the equal treatment of all individuals regardless of ethnicity or religion. Fabricating group rights undermines individual freedom and civil rights.
7. Taxes may be legitimately imposed only to the extent necessary to pay for the essential and constitutionally permitted activities of government. To tax more than this is a form of tyranny and extortion.
8. Government mandates and regulations too often exceed constitutional authority, waste resources, erode freedom, diminish property rights, and produce harmful unintended consequences.
9. To remove sound science from public policy is legislative and regulatory malpractice. To employ junk science in public policy is unethical and irresponsible.
10. Civic virtue and basic standards decency are essential to maintaining Americaʼs economic strength, military might, and freedom. Parents and families, not government, are responsible to rear and educate their children.