Frontiers of Freedom President, George Landrith, and Senior Fellows, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, and Tom Donelson discuss the biggest news stories of 2022 and what’s ahead in 2023: 1) Twitter Files & FBI Election Interference; 2) Ukraine War and the growing threats of an expanded war; 3) House Investigations; 4) the Border Crisis; 5) Midterm elections lessons learned; and 6) leading Supreme Court decisions — Dobbs – overruling Roe v. Wade; West Virginia v. EPA – limiting the power of the EPA to grant itself powers not given it under the law; Kennedy v. Bremerton School District – affirming the right of individuals to practice their religious beliefs and denying the power of government to prohibit religious observances; New York State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. v. Bruen – a victory for the Second Amendment; and Carson v. Makin – the Maine schools choice victory.
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the big issues:
(1) The Twitter Files — Each successive release of documents is more damning than the last. We learned that the FBI was actually paying millions of dollars to Twitter (in the pre-Elon Musk era) and that the FBI played an active role in helping determine what speech was silenced. Simply stated, the FBI is a major source of mis-information. It is clear that the Deep State has been interfering in our American elections since at least 2016 — maybe earlier.
(2) The massive, bloated, Omnibus — Why did Mitch McConnell betray Conservatives all across the nation and why did so many GOP Senator help him? Given that the House will switch control in January, the Republicans in the Senate should have demanded a very short term extension of the current budget so that the new House Republican majority would be in a position to have a major voice in the long term budget going forward. But Mitch McConnell just gave away the first year of the GOP House.
(3) Ukraine — Can two things be true at the same time? Can one oppose Russia’s invasion and at the same time oppose the continuous flow of billions of American taxpayer dollars. And how do we help Ukraine repel Russia and defeat Putin — without breaking the bank and without making it the sole responsibility of the American taxpayer? Shouldn’t Europe and the international community be more involved?
(4) Christmas — Let’s talk about our favorite Christmas movies, Christmas carols, and our favorite Christmas traditions.
Frontiers of Freedom Weekly Report – Dec. 16, 2022
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the big issues:
(1) The Twitter Files — Elon Musk has released literally thousands of internal emails and documents that show how Twitter’s censorship didn’t even follow its own policies and that it was politically motivated and that government agencies were working with Twitter to silence conservatives. What does this tell you about the Left? The Biden Administration? The FBI? The intelligence community?
(2) What should the Republican leadership in the House be investigating in the coming Congress? The politicalization of the DOJ, FBI, IRS and their work to censor America? Joe Biden’s grotesque corruption in which he’s sold access to the White House to our foreign adversaries for millions? Anthony Fauci’s lies under oath and why his net worth skyrocketed during the pandemic? The insanely dangerous border policy that has seen millions illegally cross our border, seen enough fentanyl to kill millions of Americans, and crime increases? The the Afghanistan debacle?
(3) Will Joe Biden will run for a second term? Or will it be Gavin Newsome? Also who will the Republicans select to be their champion in the ideological battle that will take place in 2024? Donald Trump has said he will run again. But there are also other possible candidates who have proven track records promoting conservative solutions and an America First approach. We the GOP selects another candidate for 2024, it won’t be a rejection of MAGA or America First policies. It would be a decision based on which candidate going forward can aggressively promote conservative polices and a pro-Constitution and America First agenda and can win over pivotal independent American voters and have coat tails to help elect a supportive team in the House and the Senate as well as in the states.
(4) Sam Brinton, the LGBTQ activist, who was the Deputy Assistant Security at the Energy Department and has been arrested twice for stealing women’s luggage, apparently was fired. The Biden administration has one of the least impressive cabinets and under secretaries in modern history. Basic competency doesn’t appear to have been part of the selection process. Pete Buttigieg is a prime example. With more than 100 ships backed up in harbors off the California creating serious supply chain problems he was taking time off. And as the train strike was looming, he was vacation in Europe. But if the President and Vice President are without basic competency, why should the cabinet be any different?
Frontiers of Freedom President, George Landrith, and Frontiers of Freedom Senior Fellows, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa, discuss the big issues:
(1) The Georgia Run Off Election — What explains the results? Flawed Candidate? Weak party leadership? Trump? Why does the Left continue to claim voter suppression despite record voter turnout? What should GOP do differently to stop losing winnable elections?
(2) Will Kevin McCarthy be the next Speaker? Steve Scalise? Someone else? How does GOP become and remain unified? Will the new Speaker be able to satisfy our desire for change and reform? Will the new Congress accomplish anything important? What is a rational or reasonable expectation for the next two years?
(3) A. What’s going on with Elon Musk & Twitter? Is the clear corruption at Twitter before Musk and at the FBI and DOJ and CDC going to stop?
B. What is the impact of the Brittney Griner prison swap for Viktor Bout, the “merchant of death” which left retired Marine Paul Whelan rotting in a Russian prison.
C. Nominations for Man and/or Woman of the year.
(4) A. China is a manufacturing powerhouse, but has proven to be an unreliable and even a dangerous trading partner, so will the world decouple from China or continue to empower the communist regime? Is Biden too compromised by his and his families corrupt business dealings to lead a manufacturing resurgence in America?
B. Each of the panel will also discuss a “one more thing” news item.
Because it Endangers and Limits Our Veterans Ability to Get Help in Engaging the Complex and Challenging Bureaucracy
December 6, 2022
Dear Member of Congress:
We want to begin by thanking you for your tireless efforts on behalf of our veterans. These men and women have sacrificed much for our country, and we owe them the highest levels of care and support upon returning to civilian life. In this vein, we write to you regarding the GUARD VA Benefits Act. While we believe the best of intentions are at the heart of this legislation, as written, it will unintentionally deprive many veterans of private assistance in preparing disability benefits claims, overall hindering their ability to receive that which they are owed.
While the Veterans Administration (VA) strives to provide the best possible care, it is widely acknowledged that they are plagued by a six-figure backlog that is actively endangering our veterans. Veterans Service Organizations (VSOs) offer free VA claims preparation assistance, but many veterans have expressed difficulty navigating the system even with their help. While the intention of these VSOs is noble, it is clear that other pathways of assistance must be provided to our veterans.
A number of reputable private companies have stepped in to fill a gap in the marketplace, wherein veterans are simply not equipped to secure the benefits they deserve on their own or with the help of volunteer VSO representatives. Some private companies offer a full suite of support, including screenings, benefit eligibility counseling, and assistance in compiling all necessary information for the disability claims submission. It is our belief that the best actors in this space are those who charge a fee only when they succeed in securing or increasing a veteran’s VA rating and only a portion of the veteran’s increase.
We understand that at the heart of the GUARD VA Benefits Act is a desire to protect veterans and ensure they receive the help they need. Unfortunately, your bill appears to criminalize reputable private companies, who are helping disabled veterans navigate a highly complex and challenging government bureaucracy, just as companies like TurboTax who are helping taxpayers with IRS and tax code complexities and challenges. Veterans deserve the same level of outside support, should they choose to use it.
We urge you to reexamine and correct these troubling aspects of the GUARD VA Benefits Act and to work in a holistic manner in the 118th Congress, including with private businesses, to have hearings and roundtables with stakeholders focused on reforming the accreditation process and increasing access to services for veterans. We must increase the VA’s capability to enforce laws against exploitation and punish truly bad actors. But we cannot label all for-profit companies “exploitative,” especially when many veterans can attest to the great support they have received when using their services.
Our veterans have given up so much to ensure the safety of our country and the protection of democratic ideals around the world. We, and the world, are better for their work and sacrifice. The least we can do is make sure they have timely, effective access to health care and support, which can be achieved by increasing the breadth of this legislation and bringing reputable companies into the fold. Please reconsider this legislation, which runs counter to our shared, longstanding goal of fighting for our men and women in uniform.
George Landrith, President, Frontiers of Freedom
Morton Blackwell, President, The Leadership Institute
James L. Martin, Founder/Chairman, 60 Plus Association
The Honorable George K Rasley Jr, Managing Editor, ConservativeHQ.com
Horace Cooper, Director, Project 21
Paul Caprio, Director, Patriotic Veterans
David Williams, President, Taxpayers Protection Alliance
Steve Pociask, President / CEO, American Consumer Institute
C. Preston Noell III, President, Tradition, Family, Property, Inc.
Andrew Langer, President, Institute for Liberty
Bob Carlstrom, President, AMAC Action
Seton Motely, Founder & President, Less Government
Saulius “Saul” Anuzis, President, 60 Plus Association
Ryan Ellis, President, Center for a Free Economy
Governor Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of Arkansas, President of HUCK PAC
David Wallace, Founder, Restore America’s Mission
Charles Sauer, President Market Institute
Karen Kerrigan, President & CEO, Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council
Judson Phillips, Founder, Tea Party Nation
Martha Boneta Fain, President, Vote America First
Susan Taylor, President, Strengthening America for All
John Cooper, President, Defending America Foundation
Scott Vanatter, President, The Last Best Hope on Earth Institute
Mark Thomas, Founder, Freedom & Prosperity Caucus
Nicholas Willis, President, Americans for Liberty & Security
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the big issues:
(1) China’s vicious and brutal totalitarianism has been on display this week. Despite the intimidation, surveillance and censorship, brave Chinese citizens are out in the streets protesting their government’s abuses and their continued COVID lockdowns. Sadly, on display is also the shameful complicity of Joe Biden and Tim Cook, and there’s the hypocrisy of the Democrats supporting riots (not merely protests, but violent, destructive riots) by Antifa and BLM, but refusing to support the brave Chinese citizens who are standing up to a brutal, communist totalitarian regime.
(2) In totalitarian regimes, there is no freedom of speech. The government decides what information is safe for you to hear. There are Lefties in America who want this same program here. They claim — like one lunatic on CNN did — that free speech is “non-sense.” We have an administration that is “keeping an eye” on Elon Musk and Twitter; that has worked with social media and the press to silence dissenting views; that tried to start a government program to control information under the guise of reducing misinformation. That tells you pretty much all you need to know about the Biden Administration — they have evil, totalitarian instincts.
(3) The Biden Administration isn’t just anti-free speech, they are extremists to their core. We were told that Joe Biden was the moderate choice. But there is absolutely nothing moderate about this administration. It is widely extreme. They are avidly opposed to our constitutional rights as found in the Bill of Rights. They want taxpayers to pay for sex change operations for children. Biden’s nuclear waste guru is a non-binary, luggage stealing, whack-job. They want to force us into poverty and dependence. They deny elections whenever they lose, but if you question their attempts to stuff ballot boxes with illegal votes, you’re dangerous. They ramp up crime and murder wherever they are in charge. And they’ve created a national border that allows terrorists, criminals and poisonous fentanyl to flood across our border.
(4) We discuss a wide range of issues: (a) Sam Bankman-Fried and the FTX Ponzi scheme; (b) Dr. Fauci who is making numerous “Last Press” Appearances — the man will not go away; (c) how Biden’s agenda is putting America’s financial future at risk; (d) small businesses continue to struggle and it isn’t the pandemic, it is the Biden administration; (e) there is the hope that a slim Republican majority in the US House of Representatives could at least slow down some of the insanity and temper a bit some of the Democrat’s extremism.
(5) And each of our panelists will provide a “one more thing” topic.
It Promotes Justice and a Strong & Ready Military
CONTACT: George Landrith FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHONE: (703) 246-0110, Ext. 1302 November 30, 2022
Fairfax, VA – Frontiers of Freedom released the following statement by its president, George Landrith, regarding the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and Senator Rand Paul’s proposed amendment to prohibit discharges from the Armed Forces solely on grounds of their vaccination status and to reinstate those service members who have already been discharged based on their vaccination status:
While national security spending is critically important, Sen. Rand Paul is 100% correct to oppose the NDAA unless the Senate votes to prohibit discharges from the Armed Forces solely because of vaccination status and reinstates service members already discharged. The reason for this is quite simple. Ever since the military mandated the COVID vaccine, recruitment has been cratering. Our military cannot be ready to defend the nation if it’s numbers are at historic lows.
Likewise, if the morale of our war fighters is low, that also harms readiness and our ability to defend ourselves. So Sen. Paul is dead-on right to fix this problem to strengthen our military. It is also the just and right thing to do because kicking patriotic Americans out of the military for not taking a vaccine that provided very limited, if any discernible, benefit to the age and health demographics of the typical warfighter makes zero sense and lacks a rational and reasonable basis. Simply stated, it was the wrong thing to do and our current recruitment shortfalls are proof positive of that fact.
It is time to correct this injustice, and it will also greatly benefit our ability to defend ourselves and recruit a serious force to deter our adversaries. This is pro-defense and pro-military and it is needed and necessary.
# # #
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, and Tom Donelson discuss the leading issues of the week: (1) World Economic Forum Foundation Chair Klaus Schwab says China is a role model; (2) Dr. Fauci admits he’s a bureaucrat, not a scientist or even a physician; (3) Alaska’s Ranked Choice Voting helps losers win and turns representative democracy on its head; (4) the lame stream media lies once again about acts of violence and tries to pin hate crimes on conservatives — it turns out that the Colorado club shooter was not a Conservaitve and instead is a non-binary guy who uses they/them pronouns; (5) inflation is surging despite Biden’s claim that it is under control and he’s fixed the problem the vast majority of Americas have had to cut back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And we will each have a “one more thing” story to discuss!
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the leading issues of the week: (1) the FTX cryptocurrency scandal that has Ukraine, Democrats and Sam Bankman-Fried at its epicenter. (2) the U.S. House of Representatives will flip and Nancy Pelosi will lose control of the gavel. It looks like Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnel will lead in the House and Senate respectively. (3) Russia’s war of conquest in Ukraine took an interesting turn — with missiles landing in Poland. What’s really going on? And should the US continue to send pallets of cash to Ukraine or should we focus on actually helping them repel Putin’s forces? (4) What’s up with the Georgia run-off election? Will Biden’s automatic vote in incumbent Warnock win a full term to the US Senate or will Georgia decide it would like someone to represent Georgia — like Herschel Walker. And we will each have a “one more thing” story to discuss!
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the leading issues of the week: (1) the massive red wave didn’t quite materialize the way many thought it would, but it appears that the GOP will control the House and may also control the Senate — depending upon the outcomes of three seats — Georgia, Nevada, and Arizona. But why was the red wave not a big as expected? (2) Election night was a good night for Florida Ron DeSantis — why was that? (3) Some claim that Trump was a loser on election night despite the fact that he wasn’t on the ballot. While some of his endorsed candidates lost, some of the won too. So why is he being called a loser? (4) What can we learn from New York where the GOP unseated some unexpected Democrats? (5) What can we learn from Florida where the GOP did have an impressive red wave? (6) With extremists like John Fetterman elected to the Senate, will the Democrats be able to moderate? Or will they continue to be the socialist party and the party of extremism? (7) How can Biden hope to moderate and work with Republicans when he spent the last six months fomenting violence against conservatives and calling them fascists and existential threats to our republic. And we will each have a “one more thing” story to discuss!
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the leading issues of the week: (i) should we be allowing China to buy American high tech chip companies? (ii) Joe Biden gave his second incendiary campaign speech masquerading as a presidential address. What the heck is going on? (iii) Joe Biden has been caught telling obvious lies — in many cases repeatedly. Is he a pathological or compulsive liar? (iv) What are the midterm elections looking like? How many seats do the Republicans win in the House? And can they win the majority in the Senate? And what are the issues driving this election? (v) The Left is demanding a COVID “amnesty” in an attempt to avoid accountability for the numerous abuses, lies, and illegalities of the past two years. Should they get a pass and escape accountability for what they did to America? And we will each have a “one more thing” story to discuss!
with George Landrith, Dr. Larry Fedewa, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Joe Mangiacotti
Frontiers of Freedom Weekly Report – October 28, 2022
George Landrith, Dr. Joe Mangiacotti, Tom Donelson, and Dr. Larry Fedewa discuss the leading issues of the week: The debates and how they went and why the Democrats are reluctant to debate or wanted only one and wanted it very late in the process. What the Fetterman and Dr. debate meant. Extremist Gov. Hochul vs. Rep. Zeldin debate. Extremist Gov. Whitmer vs. Tudor Dixon. And Extremist Tina Kotek vs. Christine Drazan. Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter and what it means for free speech and free and robust debate of ideas. Joe Biden’s bad habit of lying about everything from the price of gasoline, inflation, the state of the economy and the border, just to name a few. Why does he lie? And why doesn’t the media seem to care? Chuck Schumer admits that Hershel Walker is beating Warnock in Georgia! The price of freedom is eternal vigilance – so stay vigilant my friends!
HERE’S THE LINK —-> https://rumble.com/v1qdrdq-frontiers-of-freedom-weekly-report-october-28-2022.html
BLUMENTHAL AND SCHUMER NEW TARGETS OF ‘LIBERAL EXTREMIST” TV SPOT NOW IN 5 STATES
CONNECTICUT SENATE SEAT SUDDENLY IN PLAY
TV spot that recently shook up Arizona and New Hampshire races now on nightly broadcast news in Hartford.
“THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN WASHINGTON AND CONNECTICUT IS STANDING BETWEEN BLUMENTHAL AND A TV CAMERA”
“COMPLETELY FABRICATED STORY ABOUT MILITARY SERVICE IN VIETNAM. INSULT TO VETERANS.”
“Too Extreme for Connecticut”
BLUMENTHAL’S “CORRUPT BARGAIN WITH LEFT WING EXTREMISTS” MADE HIM VOTE THEIR AGENDA IN ORDER TO AVOID PRIMARY CHALLENGE.
“KEY ENABLER” WHO VOTED 98% WITH BIDEN.
FOCUS is on Connecticut but
Also anti-Schumer version on nightly news in upstate cities of Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse
Along with first buy in Nevada against endangered Democrat Cortez Masto
And new buy in Arizona against Mark Kelly
As well as New Hampshire ads against Maggie Hassan. 5 total states.
BLUMENTHAL IS VULNERABLE — Citing recent polling PAC chairman says:
“In Connecticut the polling has shown Blumenthal with weak support and his opponent Leora Levy pulled quite close in a recent Fabrizio poll and has momentum. She is an excellent candidate with very impressive educational and professional credentials but, most of all, she is an outspoken critic of Blumenthal’s leftist swing.” Frontiers of Freedom PAC President George Landrith.
“Republicans must expand the map and go for a big win in the Senate—people in Connecticut and New York are disgusted with Blumenthal and Schumer as symbols of a Democratic Party taken over by left wing extremists.” George Landrith
“Richard Blumental made a corrupt bargain with left-wing extremists to not run a primary against him if he pushed far-left positions”
“Why did he let her fear of a primary make him cave into the left-wing extremist “squad’?” (Screen shows “CORRUPT BARGAIN WITH LEFT WING EXTREMISTS” emblazoned across photo of radical-left New York Representative Ocasio-Cortez and 3 other far- left members of “THE SQUAD” in Democrat House of Representatives)
“How can he say he isn’t a left-wing extremist if every time he votes like one?”
VOTED AGAINST CONSTITUENTS
“Why did Richard Blumental go to the big city and forget the people who sent her there.”
TV SPOT ASKS CONNECTICUT MEDIA TO END ‘FREE RIDE” FROM “CORRUPT NATIONAL MEDIA” FOR ITS “CHOSEN CANDIDATE” WHICH MEANT HE NEVER HAD TO DENOUNCE EXTREMISTS WHO WANT TO “ DEFUND THE POLICE” OR THE Democrat’s “dark money alliance with notorious anti-American billionaire George Soros and lawless prosecutors” to the “destruction of women’s sports” and childhood education with “gender lunacy.”
2 MINUTE TV SPOT WON PLAUDITS “AS THE GREATEST CAMPAIGN AD EVERY MADE” AND “EVERY MAGA SHOULD IMITIATE THIS FORMAT” WHEN FIRST RELEASED IN AUGUST AGAINST SCHUMER.
UNIQUE NARRTIVE 2 minute ad takes its first minute to call national media “the most powerful and corrupt institutions in America” seeking to protect their own “chosen candidates,” ask voters to “send a message to the media bosses” and then cites the media for covering up 1) China virus leak, 2) Hunter Biden laptop scandal, 3) illegal wrongdoing by Clinton and Biden, 4) FBI harassment of political dissenters 5)never apologized for two years of its Russian collusion hoax, 6)promoted smears and civil rights violations against conservatives, 7)phony impeachments and show trials.8)covered up Biden’s ill health and incompetence by letting him run from basement.
AD ALSO CITES SENATE DEMOCRATS FOR
HUGE SPENDING BILLS CAUSING SHATTERING INFLATION AND RECESSION.
SHUT DOWN PIPELINES, DROVE UP GAS PRICES
CAUSED FOOD SHORTAGES EVEN BABY FORMULA
AND OPPOSING SCHOOL REFORM.
DESTROY WOMEN’S SPORTS AND CHILDHOOD EDUCATION WITH GENDER LUNACY (Pix of Lia the swimmer and drag queens at kindergarten)
AD HITS SENATE DEMS FOR “SCORCHED-EARTH” “RULE-OR -RUIN” ATTACK ON AMERICAN DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTIONS
WILL DESTROY –
THE SUPREME COURT
THE SACRED SECRET BALLOT (No voter ID, unlimited vote harvesting and mail-ins) & (DC bureaucrats’ takeover of elections)
CITIZENSHIP (Open borders)
US SENATE (Add new states, no filibuster)
ELECTORAL COLLEGE (Elections decided by a few counties in a few states)
IMPOSE ANTI-CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS TEST FOR FEDERAL OFFICE
Dr. Miklos K. Radvanyi
The conclusion of the just ended 20th Congress of the Chinese Communist Party is that on July 23, 1921 established organization has irreversibly outlived its usefulness. The central proof of this statement is President Xi Jinping’s report that was abound with all the old banalities of previous speeches delivered in blatant disregard for existing realities. Accordingly, heaping only praises on his questionable achievements, while concealing the abysmal condition of the Chinese economy, the rising discontent of the people with the tyrannical actions of the authorities, the manifest hopelessness of the future for the young and the middle-aged, President Xi indirectly acknowledged the deepening chasm between the Party and the state, as well as the yawning gap between the privileged Party bureaucracy and the people. In view of all these challenges, his fundamental question should have been how to assure the stability and future growth of his antediluvian tyranny. His answer that he gave in his report was to obey the Party with one’s heart and mind by practicing blind loyalty to him personally. In arriving at such an exalted rank, one only needs to study his thoughts and Chinese history pursuant to his interpretation, in order to accept and adore everything in tyrannical China.
Thus, President Xi at the ripe age of 69, reached the state of Shakespeare’s aging King Lear who wanted nothing but to be loved by his three daughters. Comparably, President Xi’ s chief concern is his colleagues and his subjects’ lack of sufficient appreciation. Following a barrage of words, such as “security,” “military readiness,” “struggle,” “high winds,” “choppy waters,” “dangerous storms,” he never mentioned political reforms. His solution for the mounting domestic and international challenges is “self-reform,” which entails firm ideological adherence and unconditional loyalty to himself. Clearly, President Xi is full of himself. For this reason alone, people across the globe cannot trust him.
For the United States of America, the European Union and the rest of the world it is time to sober up and be extremely pessimistic about the future of the People’s Republic of China, both internally as well as externally. During his decade long tenure, President Xi’s economic policies oscillated between sheer incompetence, sticking to badly thought out half-baked ideas, and politically driven compromises. While initially he encouraged reformers to tinker with free market ideas, following the emergence of COVID-19 epidemic, he panicked and rushed head on to push incoherent and antithetical economic designs. The crackdown on nongovernmental conglomerates, successful technology firms, banks, real estate firms, etc., was exacerbated by politically motivated promotion of the meaningless slogan of “common prosperity,” the “vision of national greatness,” and the intensification of relentless anti-corruption campaigns.
Domestically, the dumbing down of the Chinese people reached a new peak. President Xi’s untiring exhortations to fill the contents of books, movies, theater pieces with “positive energy” and “Chinese Socialist Characteristics,” made Chinese literature as well as the media a laughingstock of Asia. A typical example of such intellectual garbage is the story of a north-eastern transfer student by the name of Wang Hu of the city of Shenyang. Mixing with students from Hong-Kong, Macau, Taiwan and even Thailand, Wang Hu has to fight the deviant ideas of his fellow students until they become convinced that the right path to follow is President Xi’s thoughts about the inevitable superiority of the Han race. In addition to resurrecting the ever present Chinese racism, the “North-Eastern Transfer Student” patriotic saga also declares that everything President Xi determines is indisputable “Chinese territory.”
President Xi’s fantasy of race-based isolationist pan-Chinese unity is present in his foreign policy approach. His foreign policy speeches, including his report to the Party Congress, reveal a bumbling tactician of imperial power designs. His repeated criticism of “American hegemony” and Western interference in his country’s illegal expansion in the Pacific and elsewhere, present a man who is not a strategist and a statesman. Aspiring to legitimize his claim to Chinese world hegemony, he misuses the past to project China’s global future, while enveloping the uncertainties of the present into the foggy ideas of false realities, elaborate deceptions and outright lies.
In this context, the danger is real. Internationally, President Xi displays the same character flaws that he demonstrates in his domestic dealings with his unfortunate Chinese subjects. The 20th Chinese Communist Party Congress is by no means merely a Chinese affair. The world in general must be made aware of the historical barbarism of Chinese culture. Unquestionably, President Xi has declared war on his colleagues and the entire Chinese people. Equally, he has stated his intention to challenge, if needed militarily, the status quo throughout the world. For all these, he must be confronted decisively. Therefore, viewing from this perspective, his triumphant report is more a downbeat oratory than a constructive political map for the People’s Republic of China. The world will have to deal with this Chinese tyrant for the next five years whose ambitions have always exceeded his and his country’s real potential.
Today again, for a multitude of global and local reasons, the entire world appears to be in a state of permanent revolt against sanity. Concurrently, all of the most substantial horrors of history have been caused by the violent prosecution of untruthful or even fallacious realities. However, these unreal, improbable and cult-like political, economic, cultural as well as social concoctions have always been capable of destroying themselves when they have reached a point of no return. Most importantly, peace and stability in the world could only have been accomplished by states that have been governed by lawfully elected governments not subject to dictatorship, autocracy, or tyranny. When individuals or a mass of people have accepted lies as truths and have decided to blindly follow megalomaniac demagogues with unbridled lust for power, they and the world at large have always been transformed into multiple mental asylums and genocidal cemeteries.
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, the tyrant de jour of the newly minted Russian Federation, who appears to be more a destroyer of a discombobulated and befuddled multi-ethnic state than its constructive architect, which is barely civilized and scarcely part of the European continent, has decided from the second decade of the 21th century to take a decisive role in European affairs and thus bolster his country’s fading significance across the globe. Having been a born narcissist with a sick temperament, he convinced himself that he was already capable of creating a sufficient number of useful idiots inside and outside Russia to make them passive observers of his illegal annexation of the sovereign state of Ukraine. Thus, like Adolf Hitler in 1938, Putin uses a racist argument under the guise of wanting to unite all Russians into “Mother Russia” for territorial expansion. Equally, as Hitler in 1938, he counted on Western appeasement, based on past historical circumstances and randomly selected personal factors. Finally, invested with almost unlimited powers, he decided to exercise them simultaneously for overwhelming effects. Consequently, his Blitzkrieg plan appeared to be a copious conception of World War II history, the strategic concept of a self declared military genius. In reality, his so-called grand design has turned into a nightmare of humiliating political and military defeats.
Thus, what started on February 24, 2022, as relatively modest “special military operations” is now a fully fledged war between Russia and Ukraine. To the tragic detriment of Russia, Putin, in his escalating mental frenzy, failed to study three important quotes relating to provoking, conducting and closing a war. In 1916, in his posthumously published “The Mysterious Stranger,” Mark Twain opined: “There has never been a just (war), never an honorable one – on the part of the instigator of the war.” Justifying his unlawful invasion of Ukraine, he first cited NATO’s alleged expansionism, claiming the right of self-defense. Then, accused Ukraine of committing relentless genocide against its Russian minority, and called for “denazification” of the country. Attempting to further underpin the rightness of Russia’s large scale invasion, he reached back to the well-worn Soviet argument about the 10th century Kievan Rus as the joint foundation of Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia. Yet, paradoxically, he pointed to Crimea as an exclusively Russian territory, which legally returned in 2014 to the “Russian Harbor” and the “Russian World” (Russkiy Mir). Lastly, Putin turned his attention to the Roman Shukhevich and Stepan Bandera led war of liberation against the Soviet Union and the 2014 Maidan revolution. Claiming that Viktor Yanukovich, the rightful president, was deposed by a neo-Nazi coup d’etat, inspired by the ideology of Shekhevich and Bandera, he maquaraded as the Stalin-like liberator of Ukraine, Europe and, ultimately, the world.
The second wisdom about war that Putin ignored was defined by Sun Tzu’s “Art of War”: “If you know the enemy and yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” Secluded in his ivory tower in the Kremlin, Putin has had no actual knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of his military. On the other hand, he woefully underestimated Ukrainian nationalism and the almost universal resolve of the Ukrainian people to remain an independent nation. Moreover, he misjudged the European Union’s determination to unite against his lying narrative about his unlawful invasion of a member state of the United Nations. Finally, he did not count on the unanimous diplomatic rejection of his illegal military adventure across the globe.
Thirdly, he did not pay attention to H.G. Wells’s sage words: “If we don’t end war, war will end us.” Unwisely, Putin still does not have a plan B or C on how to end his lawless invasion. President Putin is in a deep state of a quandary. It is politically impossible for him to return to the status quo ante without losing power, yet there are great dangers in the miseries he has inflicted on Russia, Ukraine, Europe and beyond.
The world is passing through a dangerous crisis. It has been put in this untenable position by a reckless and unconscionable gambler. The world should not be afraid of calling President Putin’s bluff. The alternative is more of the same from the current Russian tyrant. Under such circumstances, hatred and falsified rules and principles would surely lead to chaos and the ultimate destruction of the human existence on earth.